Crew Neck Vs V-Neck
Have you ever seen someone looking like this? I’m sure you have…
Hands down, this is one of the worst style mistakes any man can commit, whether you are in an office setting, relaxed friends and family setting, party or BBQ setting. Overall this look is just unacceptable for any men and any age.
Let’s talk little bit about purpose of the undershirt and then we will move into discussion of which undershirt is the right one and what type of look are we looking for.
Today undershirts are being used for many reasons:
- During colder months, an undershirt can help you keep warm.
- Undershirts protect your Dress Shirt from sweat and deodorant stains
Now you probably thinking, whether you should wear undershirt or not. Well, there is really no right or wrong answer. Let’s go over some pros and cons:
- If you sweat a lot, wearing undershirt is a good idea.
- If you are always cold and looking for that extra layer
- Hiding a chest hair
- Without an undershirt, your dress shirts will get deodorant stains
- Well cut undershirts are not visible in the collar area, even if you wear your top two shirt buttons unbuttoned.
- Feeling of extra layer which is most of the time is undesirable
- Visibility of the undershirt under your dress shirt
Today, you can find all kinds of undershirts from classic sleeveless to performance undershirts that makes comfort claims. Two important aspects of all undershirts are their color and their fit. I just want to make sure I highlight the importance that undershirt is not a t-shirt.
When you wear an undershirt you need to make sure that it fits closely and has small armholes and of course another important part is that, you want it to be long enough so it does not come untucked.
In general, my suggestion is you must avoid the crew neck undershirt, they are somewhat visible when you wear your dress shirt buttoned up. It just looks very bad. Instead, wear a deep cut V-neck style. If you purchase the right ones, you will feel comfortable and confident. My favorite ones are made by Polo Pima Cotton V-Neck.
Some people will say no to undershirt at all, however, here is my take on this one: so let’s face it, pit stains suck and they are also a confidence drainer. I will suggest you to think of an undershirt as an underwear for your chest and a protective layer for your expensive dress shirt.
Thank you for reading,